The state of Maryland requires a work permit to be issued for any minor ages 14-17 who desires to have a job. You can visit the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation’s website for complete, official information. To assist our students, we have provided a summary of the steps below.
- Visit DLLR’s website to download the PDF of the Work Permit Application.
- Complete top section of application.
- Ask potential employer to complete middle section of application.
- Ask your parents to sign the application.
- Go back to DLLR’s website to complete the online application. (If you are not able to complete the application online, Mr. Parker will assist you at school.)
- Print out your online application receipt.
- Make an appointment to see Mr. Parker at school and bring your online application receipt with you.
- Mr. Parker will approve the work permit and give you the paperwork for your employer.